Tuesday, March 27, 2012

Robot Chicken

Just finished, a new embroidered pillow, Robot Chicken! The background is tea dyed cotton dish towel. The designs are all my own, inspired by a variety of things.
This one started with an off-brand box of tissues, that had a cool flower on it. So I made a flower in the lower left corner. Because I wanted to make some french knots, I did a spray of them above the flower. They looked like warts on a frog, so he came into the picture.
Then, I wanted a chicken to be eyeing the frog for a snack, so I looked at a children's' book to see how a chicken is put together. My chicken has taken liberties with biology, as has the short legged frog.
Then I felt like a few more flowers were needed, to put the chicken in perspective, so they grew up behind her. And of course, what chicken is complete without a robot? One is flying by at the moment, so in he came. A goldfish wandered in  to balance the composition, and blow bubbles. A few more bubbles splashed around, and Bob's your uncle, the picture is complete. Except for the rainbow of crosstitches I added as I quilted the top to batting. Number 76

1 comment:

Leann said...

Wonderful, I loved reading how it all came about. The chicken has wings, and yet the robot and the fish fly. Odd.