Tuesday, April 26, 2011
Sunday, April 24, 2011
Happy Easter to all. We have the absolute perfect day, 72* and sunshine, little wind. Can't ask for better. I spent the morning chipping away at the huge mound of projects on my dining room table. The finished ones are being put away, the unfinished ones prioritized. I can see the table cloth once again. All the stuff I have to haul to mosaic class are now packed. And the stuff for Art Salad on May 2, is packed.
The house is open, and dinner smells good. I hope your day is as pleasant.
Posted by Kat Campau at 1:49 PM
Saturday, April 23, 2011
I finished my Cake Challenge piece today. I'm not going to show you until they are all collected, next Friday probably. This was a fun thing to do, and different for me. So think CAKE, and make yours by next Friday.
Posted by Kat Campau at 3:35 PM
Thursday, April 21, 2011
This is my entry for the International Quilt Festival, for 2011. It's called Renewable Energy. See the windmills? These are Texas sunflowers, with a red rim of petals around the center. I use the sunflower image to give me energy during the long winters. Number 88.
Posted by Kat Campau at 3:49 PM
Tuesday, April 19, 2011
This is the project for Art Salad the first Monday in May. It is clayboard, with incised lines, and paint, and ink and glaze on it. Also, there are 3D embellishments. Number 87. I made the right hand one, Deb Kolar made the left one.
Posted by Kat Campau at 6:31 PM
Posted by Kat Campau at 5:33 PM
Sunday, April 17, 2011
The Monroe Quilt Guild is a group of talented people. They worked hard in the Quick as a Wink flower quilt workshop, and nearly finished their quilts. See the picture.
I spent a couple days relaxing, and read 3 books. The books are by Charlaine Harris, and are part of the Sookie Stackhouse series, on which the tv series True Blood is based. They're funny, and entertaining. I had to stay up 'til 1:30 to finish last night. Now, I'm trying not to run out and buy the rest of them.
And after running to all the art and craft stores, I have all the stuff to start a series of Mixed Media Collages! More later.
Posted by Kat Campau at 1:15 PM
Wednesday, April 13, 2011
Monday, April 11, 2011
This is Charlie, and Leo, my granddogs. They are celebrating my daughter Jen's birthday, with much wrestling and running. This was the first time they met, and it was fun at first sight. They played almost nonstop for 8 hours, taking only short breaks to catch their breath. Leo leaped over Charlies' back, and they rolled around in a tangle, and raced all over the yard.
Posted by Kat Campau at 12:20 PM
More newly grouted mosaics. One is a shelf I made for above the toilet, but we painted the bathroom a different color since then! The shelf looks cool anyway. These will be at the ArtSmart outdoor art sale. It's in downtown Saline, the last Saturday of the month, April to August, 8 a,m, to noon.
Posted by Kat Campau at 11:30 AM
Sunday, April 10, 2011
Wednesday, April 6, 2011
Monday, April 4, 2011
Sunday, April 3, 2011
Saturday, April 2, 2011
- ► 2012 (112)
- Two new mosaics, flowers, and a picture frame. Num...
- Happy Easter to all. We have the absolute perfect...
- I finished my Cake Challenge piece today. I'm not ...
- This is my entry for the International Quilt Fest...
- This is the project for Art Salad the first Monda...
- This will be a baby quilt for my daughters' friend...
- The Monroe Quilt Guild is a group of talented pe...
- Four new necklaces. I found the wonderful big ston...
- This is Charlie, and Leo, my granddogs. They are ...
- More newly grouted mosaics. One is a shelf I made ...
- Finally, a day nice enough to grout outside. Sever...
- A Sunflower on Aqua, this is a sample for a class ...
- Number 80, another Suess purse. These are like po...
- Two Suess purses! Number 78, 79. I think the pan...
- This is a purse I made for Deb. Number 78. It has...
- A blue green mirror mosaic. Number 77 for the yea...
- A Roman style mosaic woman. I saw some at the Tole...
- ▼ April (17)
- ► 2010 (455)
- ► 2009 (522)
- ► 2008 (382)