Monday, June 30, 2008

A Monday flower.Batiks again.

Sunday, June 29, 2008

Sunday night flower. I started using batik fabrics. They are beautiful no matter what you do with them.

Thursday, June 26, 2008

Another flower, made last night, bound today.

I learned how to drill glass and stones today. A friend did some of these for me. Another friend tried to teach me a gallery wrap for the wire, but all I can do so far is freeform.

Tuesday, June 24, 2008

This is the eye, grouted. Still wet, so it will lighten slightly.
I bound them all and mounted these on foam core. What do you think?

Monday, June 23, 2008

A new color for this flower. I have to bind it, and all the other ones. So it may be a few days before I add a new one to this blog.

Sunday, June 22, 2008

Clearer, but slanted.

I just grouted it. This looks a bit darker than it is.

This is the mosaic I started in class. I finished glassing it, and will grout it soon.

Some banners for August. I had a brainstorm while binding the tie quilt, and hopped up and made them.

Saturday, June 21, 2008

This is todays' sunflower. Maybe I should call this sunflower of the day blog. I got my second wind, after goofing off for an hour and eating an ice cream sandwich.

This is Thomas's mosaic. He drew the picture for me, thinking I'd make a little embroidered quilt. But I decided on a mosaic instead. Notice it has a caterpillar, a ladybug, and a bee.

Today we went to Mary's last baseball game. We had a great time, and Mary played well. That girl has an arm!

Friday, June 20, 2008

Today I finished gluing my class mosaic, and my eye mosaic, grouted Thomas's mosaic, picked up the quilt, trimmed and bound it, made a pillow sham and started 2 more banners. No pictures though. I'll post them when they are all done.

Thursday, June 19, 2008

New sunflower, hot off the machine. I like purple, can you tell?

Another Lady of Guadalupe, finished at the cottage.

Banners finished while at the cottage.

Sunday, June 15, 2008

This was finished at ten to midnight Saturday, but I'm counting it for Sunday, in case I get too busy today.

Saturday, June 14, 2008

I just finished glassing this. Have to decide what color grout.

A new flower. I used some of the lame I found. I must need to buy more lace, huh? Glitz is good.

Friday, June 13, 2008

June 13, I'm branching out. I like these colors, so used them. I found a huge stash of lame and netting, from my dressmaker days. Can't wait to use more.

Thursday, June 12, 2008

June 12th sunflower. Drapery sample petals, cotton background, copper lame.

Wednesday, June 11, 2008

A mosaic book had the inspiration picture for the eye. Part of a nose will be added soon. This was way fun.

The first of two mosaics today. My grandson drew the picture I mosaiced. I'll show you when it's grouted.

June 10th, this one is cotton drapery fabrics. Still enjoying this project.

Tuesday, June 10, 2008

Just finished this one. Mostly silk, 12" square. Still not tired of making them.

Monday, June 9, 2008

The dreaded tie quilt is all ready to go to the quilter. Yahoo. All I have left to do is bind it.

This is Lorenzo Lizardo. He is a member of the stupid sock family.

Sunday, June 8, 2008

This pink flower mosaic I made on Friday morning. I needed a sample to use for my sister to help me learn to grout better. I think it worked.

The mosaic I made in class yesterday. Obviously, it needs a lot more work. I learned a lot about making outdoor mosaics.

Wednesday, June 4, 2008

A page for a fabric book, with the theme Music. Hell is a song I like.

Tuesday, June 3, 2008

Bugs on Silk

Fabric ATCs, for trading.

Monday, June 2, 2008

This was a piece of heavy red silk drapery fabric. About 2 years ago I layered on some yarn and velvet, and tiny shreds of cotton fabrics. Then I covered it with green netting, and did a lot of machine free motion stitching on it. It laid on the table for a long time, then I hand stitched it with embroidery floss, to make some shapes. Then I added silk roving, more yarn, threads, and much more machine stitching. Then I did more hand stitching on it, and couched on some yarns. Yesterday I layered it with cotton batting, with some double layers, to add a trapunto effect. And I did more machine stitching. Then I trimmed the edges, and bound it. I think the next step will involve beads. And more embroidery floss. It's about 15 inches square.

Blog Archive