Saturday, May 15, 2010

Yesterday Rick and I went to see the Through African Eyes exhibit, at Detroit Inst. of Arts. This is worth going to see. There are plenty of pieces to look at. In some, you can see the way Europeans were being mocked. In others, how the chief gained prestige by having contact with the white people. And there is other social commentary in some. But I liked it best for the fascinating images. And on Friday, entrance to the special exhibits is free, with paid admission to the museum.
The cafe in the DIA is very good. We got the salad bar, delicious. But there are many great entrees. As long as you're there, see some of the rest after lunch.

2 comments:

Jean Canavan said...

I really love the face quilts, Kat. and Thanks for the museum review. We are planning to go see the exhibit.

Leann said...

I haven't made it to the exhibit yet, the DIA is one of my favorite places on earth! Thanks for the info.

Blog Archive