Thursday, December 31, 2009

2009 has been a busy year. Here is the Year End Wrap Up
I was the featured artist at Two Twelve Arts for January and February.
Then my show was at the Saline Library in March.
I taught classes at Quilting Unlimited in August.
My sister Connie and I shared a booth at Summerfest, my first street art show.
In September we did it again at Harvest of the Arts.
I participated in Art Walk in October, with my quilts on display at Macs' Acadian Seafood Shack.
And I had a booth at the Good Thyme Garden Club regional meeting.
For 9 months I sold my art at Artistica Gallery in Dexter.
And in November and December I was the featured artist at My Favorite Cafe, in Saline, with 30 pieces at a time showing and for sale.
The year ended with the Holiday Art Market at Two Twelve Arts.
I learned a lot.
Lessons
1. It is hard to keep up with producing work continuously. My stock of art is very low.
2.The things I think will be a big hit rarely are.
3. If I really love a piece, and kind of want to keep it, someone will buy it quickly. This is a good thing, but I miss some of my quilts.
4. Even though it slows me down, it is good to experiment with new ideas.
5. All the time I spend playing with beads is not financially profitable, but feeds my need to make stuff.
6. Being a very productive artist, and selling a lot of the work, does not make one wealthy. Supplies cost a lot. And I need a lot of supplies to be so productive.
7. I need a bookkeeping and filing system.
8. Just because I want it, is not a good reason to buy it.
9. I bought a lot of art work by artist friends this year. I am happy I did so. I feel like I am surrounded by friends all over my house.

1 comment:

Sandy said...

Your art also surrounds me in my home. I love every piece of yours that acquired or learned from you. Your art makes me smile whenever I look at it.

Blog Archive